(1) Angelina County Genealogical Society newsletter editor Jamie Carter Bollich will speak on “Mollie Bailey, Circus Queen of the Southwest” at 6 p.m. on Monday, January 24, 2022, to the Liberty County Historical Commission at the Hartel Building on 318 San Jacinto Street in Liberty, Texas. For more information, contact Liberty County Historical Commission chairman Linda Jamison at email@example.com or (936) 334-5813
(2) Retired East Texas Baptist University history professor Dr. Jerry Hopkins will discuss Mordecai Ham, the man who led Billy Graham to the Lord, at 5 p.m at the January 24, 2022 meeting of the Angelina County Genealogical Society at the Community Meeting Room of Kurth Memorial Library in Lufkin, Texas. Just As I Am, the autobiography of Billy Graham will be the door prize, a donation by Katie’s Books on 155 Golden Lane off Highway 94 at Hudson. For more information, contact Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) The Deep East Texas Archeological Society has scheduled Diana Greenlee to speak on “Poverty Point: Recent Archeological Excavations” for its Monday, February 7, 2022, meeting about 7:15 p.m. at the Iris and Anne Howard Civic Center on 213 East Court Street in Newton, Texas. Interested parties can dine with her at 5 p.m. at The Cedar Tree Restaurant in Jasper, Texas. Sandra Litton and her culinary crew will serve desserts and refreshments at 6:30 p.m. that day. For more information, contact President Ruth Dusan at (409) 379-5694 or jrdusan@ windstream.net or Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419 or email@example.com
(4) The Angelina County Genealogical Society is hosting the free to the public Angelina County African American Genealogy/History Conference from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday, February 11, 2022, at the Community Meeting Room of Kurth Memorial Library in Lufkin, Texas. For more information, contact Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(5) Details are jelling for 2022 Newton County Genealogy Conference, as last week the committee in charge of it shortened the hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This week Dickie Dixon will be canceling speakers or shuffling them around. The good news is still the cost of the Conference is still the same: only $20 for a whole day of genealogical instruction, including your meal. Details should be nailed down this week about the meal. Stay tuned to The Vindicator for the progress on organizing the Conference. Please RSVP by February 19 for the Conference on the 26th by mailing a check or money order to 2022 Newton County Genealogy Conference c/o Newton County History Center 213 East Court Street Newton Texas 75966 or 2022 Newton County Genealogy Conference c/o Dickie Dixon P.O. Box 151001 Lufkin, Texas 75915-1001. Dickie can be reached at (936) 671-1419 or email@example.com
To submit an item to this column, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by phone at (936) 671-1419 or by mail to Kissin’ Kuzzins P. O. Box 151001 Lufkin, Texas 75915-1001. For a book review, mail a complimentary copy to the address just listed.