(1) Gay Roper Parker provided the author with some family pictures from her York family who lived at 2208 Paul Avenue (known also as the Manton Road and Brookshire Pond Road), pictured in this column. She noted in one of them the girls had on “swim dresses.” If anyone has pictures of others swimming in Brookshire Pond, a gathering place to swim in the 1920s, please let me know.
(2) Bottle collector Wayne Fults provided me with a photo of an embossed clear milk bottle in which Tom Humason sold milk. Should you have more information about Tom Humason’s milk selling business, please contact me.
(3) Every week, on Friday morning from 10:30 a.m. to noon, he is a guest on the Bryan Swap Shop on AM radio station KRBA radio, which is simulcast as a live television show on television station KLNMtv.com. The show is aired on Suddenlink Channel 16, and the public can access it on their cellphones by googling “klnmtv.com.” A blue rectangular box will appear under the picture of the TV station owners that says “Watch Live Here.” By clicking on this, the public can watch the show. Call in by phone at 936-632-Sell or 936-637-Deal.
(4) The Angelina County Genealogical Society held its Christmas party Monday, Dec. 16, in the Fellowship Hall of Keltys United Methodist Church on 1867 Old Mill Road in Lufkin. President Dickie Dixon cooked a brisket and made up a sauce homemade, and members were asked to bring sides. Members were asked to bring items for the impromptu auction. David Walker donated some books his dad wrote. Dickie brought a Joe’s candy jar from Atkinson’s Candy Company to be auctioned off.
(5) Penny Clark will discuss the life and career of Big Thicket photographer Larry Fischer at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 6, at the Iris and and Anne Howard Civic Center on 213 East Court Street in downtown Newton. For more information, contact Kathy Knighton or Terri Woods at 409-379-2109, Fred Grunden at 409-384-6544, or Dickie Dixon at 936-240-8378. Kathy Knighton can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org, Fred at email@example.com and Dickie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For book reviews, please send a complimentary copy to Kissin’ Kuzzins, P.O. Box 151001, Lufkin, Texas 75915-1001. For questions about genealogy or queries about your family, please contact the author at 936-240-8378, by email at email@example.com or by mail to Kissin' Kuzzins P.O. Box 151001, Lufkin, Texas 75915-1001.
SALE The Vindicator is on sale until Dec. 23. County residents can get a one-year subscription for only $35. Visit the newspaper's office at 1939 Trinity Avenue in Liberty to take advantage of this discount, and while you're here be sure to enter our giveaway drawing. In celebration of The Vindicator's 132 years in business, we are giving away a new 50-inch smart TV. The drawing will be held at noon on Dec. 23. No purchase necessary — but, you know, a purchase would be nice.