New SBA Disaster Loan Outreach Center opening in Winnie
Although the deadline to apply for a loan for property damage has passed, small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most private nonprofit organizations of any size still have until July 6, 2020, to apply for an economic injury disaster loan to help meet working capital needs caused by the disaster.
Economic injury assistance is available regardless of whether the business suffered any property damage. Business owners may apply online using SBA’s secure website at disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Interest rates are 4 percent for businesses and 2.75 percent for private nonprofit organizations with terms up to 30 years. Loan amounts and terms are set by SBA and are based on each applicant’s financial condition.
Director Tanya N. Garfield of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Disaster Field Operations Center-West announced today that SBA will open a Disaster Loan Outreach Center in the East Chambers County Courthouse Annex Court Chambers at 8 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 9.
“At the center, SBA representatives will be available to meet with businesses and residents who were affected by Tropical Storm Imelda that occurred Sept. 17-23, to answer their questions, explain SBA’s disaster loan program and close their approved disaster loans on the days and times indicated below,” said Garfield. No appointment is necessary.
Chambers County Disaster Loan Outreach Center
East Chambers County Courthouse Annex, 211 Broadway Avenue, Winnie, TX 77665
Opens at 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9. Regular hours will be Mondays-Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
SBA representatives continue to be available at the following federal-state Disaster Recovery Centers to meet with businesses and residents to answer their questions, explain SBA’s disaster loan program and close their approved disaster loans:
- Harris County Disaster Recovery Center — Harris County Social Services Building, No. 136 Training Room, 9418 Jensen Drive, Houston, TX 77093. Hours: Mondays-Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Jefferson County Disaster Recovery Center — The Former Richard Milburn Academy, 1310 Pennsylvania Avenue, Beaumont, TX 77701. Hours: Mondays-Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Liberty County Disaster Recovery Center — Cleveland Senior Citizens Activity Center, 220 Peach Avenue, Cleveland, TX 77327 Hours: Mondays-Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Montgomery County Disaster Recovery Center — A.V. Bull Sallas Park Arena Pavilion, Building No. 21675B, 21675 McCleskey Road, New Caney, TX 77357. Hours: Mondays-Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Orange County Disaster Recovery Center — Orange County Convention and Expo Center, Planning Committee Conf. Room, 11475 FM 1442, Orange, TX 77630. Hours: Mondays-Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To receive additional disaster assistance information, visit SBA’s website at www.sba.gov/disaster. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may call 800-877-8339. Completed applications should be mailed to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
SALE The Vindicator is on sale until Dec. 23. County residents can get a one-year subscription for only $35. Visit the newspaper's office at 1939 Trinity Avenue in Liberty to take advantage of this discount, and while you're here be sure to enter our giveaway drawing. In celebration of The Vindicator's 132 years in business, we are giving away a new 50-inch smart TV. The drawing will be held at noon on Dec. 23. No purchase necessary — but, you know, a purchase would be nice.