Most of Dayton High School’s first-year tennis players competed in the New Caney tournament yesterday, and had some great results, with 10 of their 13 players bringing home medals.
- Girls Doubles-A Draw — First place — Laura Rodriguez and Jhovanna Lopez
- Boys Doubles-A Draw — Consolation Champion — Wade Goodman and Enzo Villegas
- Boys Singles-A Draw — Third Place — Jose Torres
- Boys Singles-B Draw — Second Place — Ryan Stephens
- Mixed Doubles — Second Place — Cristian Mondragon and Alexa Juarez; Third Place-Luis Gonzalez and Ceilo Rebollar
Dayton tennis’ next action is Jan. 11, with two dual matches on the road against Cleveland.
Coach Josh Moore is Dayton High School’s head tennis coach.
SALE The Vindicator is on sale until Dec. 23. County residents can get a one-year subscription for only $35. Visit the newspaper's office at 1939 Trinity Avenue in Liberty to take advantage of this discount, and while you're here be sure to enter our giveaway drawing. In celebration of The Vindicator's 132 years in business, we are giving away a new 50-inch smart TV. The drawing will be held at noon on Dec. 23. No purchase necessary — but, you know, a purchase would be nice.