As of Sunday, April 11, 2021, forty four people had signed up to attend the Angelina County Genealogy Conference.
On April 17, 2021, the Angelina County Genealogical Society will launch its first Angelina County Genealogy Conference. We have kept the cost minimal at $12 for a whole day of genealogical instruction--including breakfast snacks and pizza for lunch. Since the time we first started publicizing the schedule, three changes have been made: (1) Stanley Fletcher’s topic changed to “Peter Ellis Bean: Hero or Zero?” (2) Jerry Hopkins became the 10;00 a.m. speaker because Nelta Nolen’s husband is having medical issues. (3) Minette Bryant became the scheduled speaker for 4 p.m. because Patti Huff Smith’s son is undergoing chemotherapy, and she did not need to be distracted from helping him. From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. speakers will discuss the following topics:
8 a.m. Dickie Dixon: Georgia Land lotteries
9 a.m. Stanley Fletcher: Peter Ellis Bean: Hero or Zero?
10 a.m. Jerry Hopkins A Growing Adventure A History of Clever Creek Baptist Church
11 a.m. Penny Clark: Larry Jene Fisher: A Unique Individual
11:50 a.m,.-1 p.m. Lunch 1 p.m. Karen Kurth Hall: Using the DAR Library in Washington, D.C.
2 p.m. Fred Smith: Did Thomas Jefferson Father Children With Sally Hemings?
3 p.m. Rebecca Stark Nugent: If The Devil Had A Wife: The Rest of The Story
4 p.m. Minette Bryant: Bringing History to the Stage: Scripting the Sultana
Books for sale will abound at this conference:
(1) Jamie Carter Bollich will offer the book she co-authored with Herman Wright, Arvetta, and the book her father, Keith Clark Carter, authored: Just Another Soldier about his POW camp experiences under the Germans in World War II.
(2) Rebecca Stark Nugent will offer her book If The Devil Had A Wife, which, by the way, is available as an audiobook.
(3) The Angelina County Genealogical Society will offer its published books for sale.
(4) Minette Bryant will have her book Seeking Samuel for sale.
(5) Jerry Hopkins will have copies of his book A Growing Adventure for sale.
The Conference will be held at the Fellowship Hall of Keltys United Methodist Church on 1867 Old Mill Road in Lufkin, Texas. For breakfast, strawberries will be available along with some type of pastry with beverages provided: iced tea, coffee, water, soft drinks. Lunch will consist of various pizzas along with the beverages just listed.
To register mail a check or money order made out to Angelina County Genealogical Society or ACGS. Put on the check memo Angelina County Genealogy Conference. Address it to Angelina County Genealogy Conference c/o Betty Dufner Treasurer P. O. Box 150631 Lufkin, Texas 75915- 0631 by April 10, 2021. If you require a gluten-free pizza or sugar free foods or beverages, please let us know. For more information, contact Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419 or email@example.com If RSVPing by April 10th and getting your registration fee to us in on time is a problem, call me or Betty Dufner at (936) 635-3765 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Stanley Fletcher will discuss “Louisiana Blood on Texas Soil” about Louisianians who fought in the Texas Revolution for the Angelina County Genealogical Society at 4 p.m. on Monday, April 19, 2021 at the Fellowship Hall of Keltys United Methodist Church on 1867 Old Mill Road in Lufkin, Texas. For more information, contact Rev. Cindy Doran at (936) 852-4123 or keltysumc@ hotmail.com or Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419 or email@example.com
To submit an item to this column email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by phone to (936) 671-1419 or by mail to Kissin’ Kuzzins P. O. Box 151001 Lufkin Texas 75915-1001. For a book review mail a complimentary copy to the just listed address.