(1) Photo of crowd at marker dedication. (2) Photo of Art Watson.
(3)Amy Borgens, State Marine Archeologist, will present “River Relics: Texas’ Forgotten World War I Shipwrecks of Jefferson and Orange Counties” in a zoom and in-person meeting to the Deep East Texas Archeological Society about 7:15 p.m. on Monday, June 7, 2021 at the Iris and Anne Howard Civic Center on 213 East Court Street in Newton Texas. Sandra Litton and company will serve desserts at 6:30 p.m. followed by a short business meeting; the Amy will speak. The public is invited to participate. For more information contact Terri Woods at (409) 379-2109, President Ruth Dusan at (409) 379-5694 or Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419. To obtain log in information, contact Terri, go to the DETAS Facebook page, or go the Newton County Historical Commission website.
(4) Rosevine resident Ron Barlow will give a presentation on “Farm Road 1: From One End to the Other” for the Angelina County Genealogical Society at 4 p.m. on Monday June 21, 2021 at the Fellowship Hall of Keltys United Methodist Church on 1867 Old Mill Road in Lufkin, Texas. Ron says Farm Road 1 runs through a a large part of western Sabine County and part of San Augustine County. He also added a hacker recently hacked in to the Facebook page for Farm Road 1 and obliterated eleven years of posts, but he is working hard to restore them. A jar of Jean Merritt’s Mathew jelly will be a door prize, and Rosevine will be the community honored. For more information contact Rev. Cindy Doran at (936) 852-4123 or email@example.com or Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419
(5) The Angelina County Genealogical Society is hosting “Remembering Our Fathers Over Coffee” from 2-4 p.m. on Saturday, June 12, 2021 at the Fellowship Hall of Keltys United Methodist Church in Lufkin, Texas. All four coffee companies in Lufkin are participating.
(5)he Jasper County Historical Commission is hosting the Jasper County Genealogy Conference, free to the public, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, July 16, 2021 at the Courthouse Annex in Jasper, Texas. For more information contact Chairman John Johnson at (409) 384-6441 or Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419
(6) The Angelina County Genealogical Society is hosting Author’s Autograph Party from 1-4 p.m. on Saturday, July 24, 2021 at the Fellowship Hall of Keltys United Methodist Church. To date, 27 authors have been invited to sell their books and sign them.
(7) ACGS is sponsoring a “Logging Camp and Sawmill Reunion” at a place and date yet to be determined in August 2021
To submit a item to this column email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by phone to (936) 671-1419 or by mail to Kissin› Kuzzins P. O. Box 151001 Lufkin Texas 75915-1001. For a book review mail a complimentary copy to the above address